Homeschool Mondays run all day 10am – 5pm (last admission at 4pm).
Advance registration required.
- Aquarium admission for the day
- Themed scavenger hunts (K-3 version & 4-8 version)
- Themed make-and-take educational craft
- Themed 30-minute mini-programs led by Aquarium educators (11:30am & 1pm)
- Themed guided tours led by Aquarium staff (10:15am) (*first come, first served – sign-up sheet at check-in)
- Adults are expected to stay for the program, and are encouraged to participate with student(s)
Monday, November 18, 2019
With so many different animals on exhibit, it’s no wonder there are endless examples of different adaptations, whether it is camouflage, sharp teeth, venomous spines or something else entirely. Discover the fascinating ways creatures live and see the variety of creative methods used not only to survive, but thrive.
Monday, January 20, 2020
Individual animals comprise portions of an overall structure, called an ecosystem. Discover what biotic and abiotic factors make up the ecosystems represented at the Aquarium, and how every single part has an important role to play.
Sharks & Rays
Monday, March 9, 2020
Sharks and rays are essential part of our ocean ecosystems. Uncover the similarities of sharks and rays, and learn how they differ from other fish. Figure out what people can do at home to help with the conservation of these impressive creatures!