Calling all SCUBA certified divers — you can dive in our 230,000-gallon shark exhibit, home to more than 30 different species of sea creatures. Dive into and explore the exhibit and see the Aquarium from a shark’s-eye view, waving to family and friends as they watch you dive from the other side of the acrylic. The Shark Dive CLE experience includes Aquarium admission for the diver and 1 guest, a behind-the-scenes tour of the dive platform, exhibit walk-through, dive equipment and all the souvenir shark teeth you can find!
- A maximum of 2 divers can participate per program.
- Additional guests may be added to the program at a discounted group rate. Call 216.862.8803 for details.
- Provide an open water certification card from a nationally recognized SCUBA certification agency
- Be a minimum 15 years of age; divers aged 15-17 must dive with a SCUBA certified parent or guardian
- Present a government-issued photo ID with date of birth
- Return a signed Aquarium liability waiver; medical waiver with NO medical contraindications and completed Guest Info sheet
- Be able to handle inherent risks involved with SCUBA diving
- Be able to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Be able to climb stairs with weight of SCUBA gear
- DAN membership strongly recommended
Gift certificates are available for purchase.
Dates & Reservations
Dives are not being scheduled at this time. Call 216.862.8803 to inquire about future bookings.
Right to Refuse:
The dive instructor or any other personnel of the Aquarium reserve the right to cancel any dive program by a guest(s) at any time and for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, should they decide that a guest(s) participation is unsafe and may result in harm, damage or loss to either the Aquarium, its guests, animals, facilities, employees and/or the guest(s) diver.
Cancellations and no-shows will not be refunded or rescheduled. Guests arriving late, 30 minutes or more, after the scheduled start time will not be refunded or rescheduled.
Due to the nature of working with animals, the Greater Cleveland Aquarium reserves the right to modify, cancel and/or reschedule programs without notice. Reasonable accommodations will be made in these circumstances.
To reschedule a Shark Dive CLE program guest(s) must give a minimum of 48 hours notice. Guest requests to reschedule a Shark Dive CLE program less than 48 hours in advance may or may not be accommodated.
Want to dive with a group?
“We had a V.I.G tour with Amanda to go behind the scenes. She was amazing and the tour was amazing…”