Private Events & Receptions
Picture your baby shower surrounded by seahorses in our Coastal Gallery, walking down the “aisle” as a sandtiger shark glides overhead in our 175-foot long seatube or an invigorating yoga flow in front of a stingray exhibit. Whatever your event may be, the Greater Cleveland Aquarium offers a wide variety of unique, exciting spaces filled with extraordinary aquatic life to help you realize your vision.
Celebrate your upcoming baby or wedding at a venue like no other. Host your shower at the Greater Cleveland Aquarium and your guests will have private access to all of our exhibits, including our 10,000-gallon stingray touch pool. Give your loved ones an experience as special as your announcement, and complete your event with a variety of catering and beverage options from Windows on the River.
Can you imagine saying “I do” in front of a floor-to-ceiling view of breathtaking marine life? Wedding ceremonies at the Greater Cleveland Aquarium make your special day truly one-of-a-kind. Make sealife your backdrop as up to 80 of your friends and family are joined by angelfish, stingrays and sandbar sharks for your big moment.
The Aquarium hosts wedding receptions, too. Enjoy catering from Windows on the River and access to our entire facility — featuring hundreds of saltwater and freshwater species — for a truly “wild” celebration your guests will never forget.
Host your next cocktail reception, holiday party or corporate event at Ohio’s only independent aquarium and let your guests mix, mingle and network among fascinating marine life. Located in the FirstEnergy Powerhouse, our facility offers sophistication and beautiful historic architecture with just a splash of fun. Our events are catered by Windows on the River and offer access to our entire facility, as well as a variety of dining and bar options.
The Greater Cleveland Aquarium and Windows on the River can help you host a company picnic that will be a success rain or shine! Your guests can enjoy a patio picnic with great river and city views. The scenic setting gives you direct access to the Greater Cleveland Aquarium so your guests can explore at their leisure.
- Aquarium admission (10am – 5pm)
- Private, air-conditioned party room (4-hours. either 11am – 3pm or 12 – 4pm)
- Private, outdoor, waterfront patio (4 hours)
- Private Aquarium entrance
- Private bathrooms
- $750 banquet room rental
- $350 patio rental
- $150 security
- $14.95 per adult, $8.95 per child (ages 2 – 12) Aquarium admission
- Catering costs vary. From boxed lunches to a BBQ or buffet lunch, Windows on the River offers an array of options and price points.
- 50-person minimum ($20 charge assessed for each person under the minimum)
- All packages subject to service fee & tax
- Bonus activities including giant Jenga, cornhole & hula hoops ($100)
- Small animal encounter ($50 for 30 minutes)
- Landshark mascot “Finn” appearance ($50 for 30 minutes)
- Underwater greeting – SCUBA diver holds up a sign with your company logo in Shark Gallery ($50)
- Mechanical shark ride (adults & children, $800 for 3 hours)
- Mechanical surfboard ride (adults & children, $800 for 3 hours)
- Watch one of your SCUBA-certified coworkers dive with the sharks and stingrays! ($200)
Windows on the River & Partnered Venues
Located right above the Aquarium in the FirstEnergy Powerhouse, Windows on the River offers multiple event spaces with scenic views of the city skyline, Cuyahoga River and historic buildings and bridges. Make your next event something truly extraordinary by combining a visit to the Aquarium with fine dining at this premier catering facility. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216.861.1445.
The Nautica Waterfront District can accommodate large-scale events. Nautica Waterfront District event packages include the Aquarium as well as the Pavilion, Nautica Queen and others. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Private Events Gallery
“Made for a very family-friendly wedding. There were some kids there, so unlike most weddings where there is nothing for them from start to finish, this was different. Appetizer round was held in the lower level so you could wander the exhibits while gnoshing and having a drink.”