Careers & Internships
The Greater Cleveland Aquarium is committed to creating a challenging and rewarding work environment. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and strive for diversity in all jobs and at all levels in the organization. Our policy is to accept applications for specific job vacancies as posted. Applications and resumes are maintained on file for 1 year. Vacant positions for which we are currently accepting applicants are listed below.
- Guest Experience Associate* (PT): Please send your resume with a completed application to email@example.com.
- Housekeeping (PT): Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exhibit Diver (PT): Please send your resume to email@example.com.
- Marketing Membership Coordinator (FT): Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Accepting applicants for fall 2019.
- Splash Fund Husbandry Intern: Please send your resume to email@example.com.
- Splash Fund SPOTD Intern: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Splash Fund Content Marketing Intern: Please send your resume to email@example.com.
- Splash Fund Digital Assets Marketing Intern: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Splash Fund Public Relations and Community Development Marketing Intern: Please send your resume to email@example.com.
- Splash Fund Events Marketing Intern*: Events intern is for Fall Semester 2019. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Splash Fund Education Intern*: Please send your resume to email@example.com.
*The application process is now closed.
Fax or mail a copy of your application stating the position for which you are applying:
Greater Cleveland Aquarium
ATTN: Human Resources
2000 Sycamore Street
Cleveland, OH 44113
Aqua Squad Junior: Middle School Volunteer Program
Whether you’re contemplating a career in animal care and/or marine sciences OR you just have a passion for the living world, Junior Aqua Squad could be the volunteer opportunity for you.
Currently, we’re accepting applications for Education Station Docents. Stationed in the Aquarium’s galleries, you’ll use biofacts, photos and models to engage Greater Cleveland Aquarium guests in conversations about animals and conservation.
Volunteer Commitment Requirements:
- Attend minimum of 1 half-day training session per season (summer/fall/spring)
- Volunteer for minimum of 2 half-day shifts per month
- $15 one-time application fee
- Participate in 2 beach cleanup days (summer only)
- Participate in 2 Hauntaquarium nights (fall only)
- Between the ages of 11 and 13
- Meet minimum commitment requirements
- Interested in aquatic and marine science
- Comfortable interacting with children, peers and adults
- Enthusiastic, with a positive attitude and good communication skills
- Able to attend training
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer training dates:
Thursday, June 20 | 3 – 5:30pm
Wednesday, June 26 | 3 – 5:30pm